Thursday, December 1, 2016

Body, Truth, Reputation

There are only three things we can take to our grave when we die. Here is my opinion on those three things that should remain in the forefront of our minds as we live day in and day out.

Our Body
It seems obvious enough to see that when we die, our bodies die with us. Knowing that, we should take care of the bodies we have been given. I take this as meaning we should eat healthy, exercise, and refrain from physically and mentally damaging activities. This being said, I know I want to care of my body. Also the benefit here is that I live a happier, longer life with less pain and less worry.

Our Truth
Lying these days seems to be a normal method to keep us out of trouble or to keep someone in the dark. People lie for many different reasons by a liar is not one who can be counted on. Lying to an extreme can even be unlawful and liars can be punished. One person's word can be his or her reputation. When I know someone who lies, I don't count on that person for anything. Their word is dead to me. This being said, I will retain my word and try my very best not to lie. The benefit here is that people will trust an honest person. It will make it easier to have better friends and better acquaintances.

Our Reputation
One person's reputation ties directly with their word. Reputation can be the difference between a better life and

No comments:

Post a Comment