Monday, December 5, 2016

Apple Broke My Heart

The year was 2010, I was in my late teens and on the market for my first smartphone (yes I did get a smartphone later in life but I don't think kids need smartphones.. but that's another issue).

Ever since the release of the iPhone 4 I knew exactly which phone I was going to get. The sexiest looking phone on the market with some of best performance reviews versus Android. I was all set.

I went into Verizon and laid down my card. "iPhone 4, black", I said. It was beautiful. The packaging, the phone, everything. Jump to 2 months later...

"Unfortunately we cannot downgrade you back down to iOS 6", said the Apple representative over the phone.

"Are you sure??", I said, "my phone is basically a brick. I can't connect to iTunes, I can't make phone calls, my texts get lost often, and the connection is super slow and NONE of these problems were there when I was on iOS 6..."

 "Unfortunately we cannot not downgrade the phone", he replied, "Apple gives a very unique customer experience that cannot be altered with".

My heart was broken. Here I just spent hundreds of dollars on a phone that was now a brick with the feature of lighting up...

But hope was not lost. Where there is a hope, there is used devices with older software on eBay!!

The used iPhone 4 come in the mail... SO EXCITED. It was iOS 6.1.3 and will work for sure!
Powered it on, and it asked for iCloud password. Didn't know the previous owner so I contacted Apple again... This time... I was pissed.

"Unfortunately we cannot unlock the phone for you".

"But I purchased it legitimately and am the owner of the phone. I just need it unlocked", I said.

"Unfortunately we cannot not unlock the phone", she replied, "Apple gives a very unique customer experience that cannot be altered with".

Now my heart was broken... over $1200 down the drain and I had TWO bricks..

Because of the "Apple Experience" I will never buy an Apple product again. If they sacrifice customer service for this crappy controlled environment then I want nothing to do with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment